May 21, 2020
On behalf of the Red Shores team, I wanted to take a moment to share our sincere hope that your family is staying healthy and safe as our nation copes with the COVID-19 outbreak. Like you, we are actively supporting government issued community safety measures and doing everything possible to help slow the spread so we may return to some level of normalcy. With the guidance of the Government released Renewal PEI Plan; Red Shores Charlottetown will take a phased approach to reopen our operations. Starting with the return of live racing, for online viewing only at redshores.ca/live-racing, on June 4th. A revised race schedule will be posted soon. We will be providing an update on our restaurant and casino operations as soon as possible.
Our Summerside operation remains closed at this time, but we continue to work with officials on a re-opening plan.
We wanted to share our commitment for health and safety with you. Red Shores has introduced a new company-wide program to demonstrate our commitment to your health and safety, with the introduction of a team dedicated to ongoing assessments of government recommendations and sanitization measures.
March 11, 2020
To Our Valued Guests,
We would like to share the many ways we are working to keep you and our team members safe and healthy. We have been diligently monitoring the status of COVID-19 and taking proactive measures to provide a safe entertainment experience here at Red Shores.
We are following the advice being provided by the World Health Organization, along with both federal and provincial governments. We have set in place a few precautionary steps to keep you feeling your best at Red Shores:
- Additional hand sanitizing stations have been placed on site for guests and staff.
- Individual sanitizing wipes are available to guests in the Casino to wipe down machines before play.
- Our Facilities team have been diligently increasing their sanitization efforts on frequently touched surfaces.
- All guests arriving at the Top of the Park will be provided with sanitizer prior to entry.
- Posters have been placed in all guest and employee washrooms, with a reminder of proper hand washing techniques as outlined by the Public Health Agency of Canada.
We have reinforced the importance of protective measures with our team members and would like to remind you of the importance of containment during a sneeze or cough and maintaining proper hand hygiene.
Islanders with questions about COVID-19 can now call PEI’s toll-free information line at 1-800-958-6400. The information line operates 24-hours a day, 7 days a week, and Islanders who leave messages will receive a call back within 24 hours from the Chief Public Health Office.