March 14, 2020
At Red Shores, the wellbeing of our guests is top priority. Following the guidelines of Health Canada and the Chief Public Health Officer for P.E.I. regarding social distancing during the COVID-19 outbreak, Red Shores locations in Summerside and Charlottetown have closed their doors to the public for two weeks, as of March 15, 2020 2:00 a.m. as a preventative measure. For the Charlottetown operation we will continue to maintain the track, paddock, and barns. This remains a rapidly evolving situation. Therefore, this decision will remain in place for two weeks, and will be re-assessed on an ongoing basis. We will provide further public updates as they arise. If you have questions, please complete the contact form at Redshores.ca/contact. We thank you for understanding, and wish all of our guests and their families well.
March 11, 2020
To Our Valued Guests,
We would like to share the many ways we are working to keep you and our team members safe and healthy. We have been diligently monitoring the status of COVID-19 and taking proactive measures to provide a safe entertainment experience here at Red Shores.
We are following the advice being provided by the World Health Organization, along with both federal and provincial governments. We have set in place a few precautionary steps to keep you feeling your best at Red Shores:
- Additional hand sanitizing stations have been placed on site for guests and staff.
- Individual sanitizing wipes are available to guests in the Casino to wipe down machines before play.
- Our Facilities team have been diligently increasing their sanitization efforts on frequently touched surfaces.
- All guests arriving at the Top of the Park will be provided with sanitizer prior to entry.
- Posters have been placed in all guest and employee washrooms, with a reminder of proper hand washing techniques as outlined by the Public Health Agency of Canada.
We have reinforced the importance of protective measures with our team members and would like to remind you of the importance of containment during a sneeze or cough and maintaining proper hand hygiene.
Islanders with questions about COVID-19 can now call PEI’s toll-free information line at 1-800-958-6400. The information line operates 24-hours a day, 7 days a week, and Islanders who leave messages will receive a call back within 24 hours from the Chief Public Health Office.