Red Shores Racetrack & Casino at the Charlottetown Driving Park
In the interest of maintaining a productive and non-coercive work and entertainment environment, Red Shores Racetrack & Casino at the Charlottetown Driving Park do not permit unauthorized persons to promote or sell merchandise and/or services inside or outside Red Shores facilities, nor to solicit, distribute information to, or recruit employees or visitors for any purpose whatsoever.
Any non-Red Shores group or individual wishing to distribute literature or printed materials of any kind; to sell and/or promote others to purchase memberships, merchandise or services or to recruit on site must be specifically authorized to do so in writing from Red Shores.
Individuals and/or groups granted permission in writing to use the designated location as determine by Red Shores, to sell or promote their product or service, may only do so during periods of live racing. Selling and/or promoting product and/or service at any other time are prohibited.
The selling and/or promoting of product and/or service by non-Red Shores individuals or groups on Red Shores owned, leased or controlled properties and land requires the written permission from Red Shores.
Permission to sell and/or promote a product must be secured at least five working days in advance of the proposed event. Individuals or groups seeking permission to sell and/or promote a product on Red Shores grounds should submit their application at least two weeks prior to the event to ensure a reasonable amount of time for review.
- Appropriate Authority – “A person whose position and/or responsibilities in a given situation gives them the appropriate authority to instruct a person or group selling and/or promoting their product and/or service with or without the appropriate permission, to cease the activity and, if appropriate, also leave areas owned, leased or controlled properties of the Charlottetown Driving Park. Such appropriate authorities could include but may not be limited to Facility Security, Management and Staff of Red Shores.
- Promoting – “Visiting a building or outdoor area for the purpose of requesting or seeking charitable donations, votes, or support from, or promoting or advertising services or products to Red Shores Racetrack employees or visitors.
- Selling – “The requesting of an individual or groups time or resources for the betterment of another individual or group. Selling may involve either individuals or groups engaging in direct sales, recruitment, placing of signs and posters, and other activities resulting in the anticipated benefit of the individual or group.”
The Steps to Obtaining Permission to Sell or Promote
- An application form must be submitted online or to Lee Drake – Red Shores Racetrack & Casino at the Charlottetown Driving Park.
- Registered Charitable organizations will be given first preference.
- Permission will take the form of a letter/memorandum from Red Shores. Permission will specify the person/group, number of allowed participants, allowed times and locations, and any other terms and conditions related to the activity. Acting on a granted permission is an acknowledgement and acceptance of the specified terms and conditions.
- Those engaged in selling and/or promoting must be able to produce their permission document upon request.
- Permission will not be granted to any person or group more than twice in any term (Summer: April – September, Winter: October – January).
- Those receiving permission to sell and/or promote on Red Shores grounds must abide by all rules and regulations and remain in the predetermined location outlined in the Letter of Permission.
Withdrawing Permission and/or Dealing with Non-Permitted Selling & Promoting
- Through an appropriate authority, permission may be withdrawn effective immediately and without written notice at the discretion of Red Shores. Permission could be withdrawn for reasons including but not limited to non-compliance with the terms and conditions of the permission, or unanticipated noise or other interference or disruption of the normal activities of Red Shores, its employees or visitors, impeding vehicular or pedestrian traffic, or actual or perceived to be inappropriate behaviour or conduct.
- Red Shores, through an appropriate authority, can instruct a person or group not having received permission or being unable to produce proof of permission to sell and/or promote or solicit, to immediately cease the activity and, if deemed necessary, leave areas owned, leased or controlled properties of Red Shores Racetrack & Casino at the Charlottetown Driving Park.
Sanctions for Policy Violations
- Banners may be hung in the immediate area surrounding the approved location. Banners cannot be affixed to the physical structure of the Charlottetown Driving Park or in any other area.
- Sandwich Boards advertising events/organizations may be placed in the immediate area surrounding the approved location.
- Flyers and/or leaflets are not permitted to be placed on car windshields located on the Red Shores grounds.
Staked signs are not permitted.
Selling & Promoting Location
Red Shores will provide a booth near the front entrance of the Charlottetown Driving Park. All selling and/or promoting of product and/or service must remain in the immediate proximity of the booth.
- Individuals selling and/or promotion of product and/or service must be 19 years of age or older.
- Selling and/or promoting of product and/or service is forbidden under the main entrance tarmac.
- Selling and/or promoting of product and/or services cannot take place in front of the grandstand.
- Selling and/or promoting of product and/or service cannot take place inside the interior of the Red Shores, with the exception of 50/50 ticket sales by PEI StandardBred Horse Owners Association (PEISHOA).
- The location of the booth shall be determined by Red Shores.
- If your fundraiser is a game of chance (50/50 draw, raffle) you must obtain a lottery license through Consumer Services Section – Department of Justice and Public Safety. This application can take up to 30 for processing. Please provide enough time for the application to be processed. Please submit your lottery license prior to the event to Lee Drake – Red Shores Racetrack & Casino at the Charlottetown Driving Park.
Red Shores ©2006-2023. All rights reserved.
You must be 19+ to purchase, play or redeem ALC products.