The Guardian Gold Cup & Saucer
The 62nd running of The Guardian Gold Cup & Saucer takes place Saturday, August 21st, 2021 at Red Shores Racetrack & Casino at the Charlottetown Driving Park!
An Island Tradition for over 60 Years!
Each August, Red Shores at Charlottetown Driving Park is the home of one of the major entertainment attractions in Canada – The Guardian Gold Cup & Saucer. The fastest horses and the best drivers in all of Eastern Canada converge at the RED SHORES for 15 racing programs in 9 days. The Gold Cup & Saucer dates back to the early 1960’s and has become known as one of the most prestigious races in harness racing.
Join us this year on beautiful Prince Edward Island as we will celebrate the 62nd running of The Guardian Gold Cup & Saucer. Be sure to check out all of our live race dates and world-wide broadcast dates by visiting the racing link or live broadcast link on the main page.
Make plans to be here and watch history be made as the horses and their drivers walk past the spectators as the Island hymn is played to a packed house. The lights go out and the horses and their drivers are introduced to the thousands of fans one by one under the spotlight as they make their way in front of the grandstand. At two minutes to midnight, the famous call to the post is heard and the horses and drivers get ready to compete in one of the best shows in racing: The Guardian Gold Cup & Saucer!
Live Video Stream by 3sixty live
Race Live Streams, Race Replays, and more
Gold Cup Week – Frequently Asked Questions
1. How are you dealing with COVID-19?
Throughout the planning of this event, we have worked closely with the PEI Chief Public Health Office to ensure our guests are safe. Measures that have been taken include the following:
- Social distancing encouraged and enforced
- Contact tracing upon entry
- Portable restrooms available for outdoor cohorts
- Limited mixing among cohorts
- Guests may leave their cohort to purchase food, drinks, and merchandise from the designated vendor area.
- Limited capacities within each cohort. Cohorts include:
- Tarmac/Trackside Area – 10 cohorts of 200 people (2000 people total)
- Grandstand – 75 people
- Simulcast Theatre – 25 people
- Casino – 100 people
- Table Games Room – 30 people
- Top of the Park – 100 people – Reservation Only
- Turfs Bar & Grill – 100 people – Reservation Only
- Trackside Patio – 100 people – Reservation Only
2. Where can I park?
Parking is available in the main parking lot at Red Shores Racetrack & Casino, as well as Park Street.
3. Is there an admission fee?
No, there is no admission fee to enter the grounds during Gold Cup Week. Reservations are required to gain access to Top of the Park, Turfs Bar & Grill, and Trackside Patio; however, all other areas are free and are first come, first served.
4. Can I bring my own chairs?
Yes, guests are permitted to bring their own lawn chairs.
5. When can I arrive to view the races Trackside?
The Tarmac/Trackside area will open one hour and 30 minutes prior to post. Guests are encouraged to arrive early as space is limited and will fill up quickly. On double header days (Saturday, August 14th & 21st), all guests must vacate the Trackside area in between racecards for set-up and sanitization.
6. Where can I find race programs?
Race programs will be available for sale from the program trailer, located at the entrance of the Trackside/Tarmac area. Race programs are also available to view at redshores.ca/racing
7. Where can I purchase pari-mutuel tickets?
Seller stations will be set up in all cohort areas for guests to purchase wagering tickets. You can also wager online at HPIbet.com
8. Where can I purchase food and drinks onsite?
Food, drinks, and merchandise can be purchased from the designated vendor area on the Tarmac.
9. What are the hours of operation for the Casino?
Casino Hours of Operation:
- Sunday – Wednesday: 11:00am-1:00am
- Thursday – Saturday: 11:00am-2:00am
Table Games Hours of Operation:
- Daily: 5pm – Close
Table Games Extended Hours:
- August 14, 2021: 12:30pm – 2:00am
- August 21, 2021: 12:30pm – 2:00am
10. Is this a 19+ event?
All ages are welcome to view the races; however you must by 19+ to wager or purchase alcohol.
11. My question wasn’t answered. What now?
If you have further questions, you can contact us here: redshores.ca/contact
RACE OFFICE WINTER HOURS
Tuesday - Friday: 8:30am - 4pm
RACE OFFICE HOURS
Monday - Friday: 8am - 4pm
RACE DAY IN CHARLOTTETOWN
3 hours prior to post time
RACE DAY IN SUMMERSIDE
2 hours prior to post time
Please note the Standardbred Canada Representative will not be available during the Monday-Friday hours and is on-site during Race Days only.
All stake payments, transfers, memberships can be completed online or by calling Standardbred Canada directly.
Red Shores ©2006-2021. All rights reserved.
You must be 19+ to purchase, play or redeem ALC products.